Structural Wood Repair Case Study
Location: Charlotte, NC 28211
What Are The Benefits of Dry Otter’s Rotted Wood Repair Services?
- Improve the structural soundness of your home
- Prevent sagging floors
- Help keep pests away
What can you do about rotted wood? Let the team at Dry Otter Waterproofing visit your home and conduct a FREE inspection. With our crawl space mold remediation, structural wood repair, and crawl space encapsulation and waterproofing services, we offer a comprehensive solution to your structural wood issues.
Schedule a home inspection when you call us at 704-966-1771 today.
WHY OUR CLIENT NEEDED ROTTED WOOD REPAIRS:
The residential investment property owner wanted to sell and obtain a pre-inspection from a licensed home inspector. The home inspector reported the need for crawl space repair. Issues included:
- Water in crawl space
- Heavy fungal/mold growth
- Structural damage such as sagging floors and bowed walls
- Rotten floor joists
Homeowner called our office and scheduled a FREE crawl space inspection.
CRAWL SPACE INSPECTION:
Our crawl space inspector met with the homeowner to perform a complete foundation and crawl space inspection. Our expert noted groundwater penetration around the foundation perimeter as well as standing water in the crawl space. The expert from Dry Otter Waterproofing provided this information to the homeowner.
We were informed the owner’s handyman had recently installed a basic vapor barrier. This barrier was floating in several locations due to the amount of water in the crawl space.
Furthermore, heavy mold was observed on the wood floor structure and wood rot detected at the rim band sill. Lastly, our expert discussed solutions with the homeowner and crawl space encapsulation cost. Then we designed a specific plan of action, and a contract for services was signed.
OUR CRAWL SPACE ROTTED WOOD SOLUTIONS:
- Crawl Space Waterproofing – We included a complete interior perimeter French drain, and two sump pumps to handle foundation groundwater penetration and prevent standing water.
- Full Mold Remediation – Our mold experts used negative air pressure where the mold substrate was physically removed from the wood structure.
- Structural Wood Repair – We installed new foundation piers, rotted band sill replacement, and sistering of damaged joists.
- Crawl Space Encapsulation – The interior piers and foundation walls were wrapped. We provided a heavy, durable liner as the crawl space vapor barrier. Next, we sealed the foundation vents and finished by installing a crawl space dehumidifier to handle air leakage or humidity.
With our home services, we made it possible for the homeowner to sell to the buyer. Additionally, through our maintenance program, the system and installed equipment will be kept functioning at optimal settings.
Through our services, we delivered the best in crawl space foundation repair.
If you’re looking for a dry crawl space, then contact our team at 704-966-1771 today to schedule a FREE crawl space inspection.
“I knew with the initial meeting based on the knowledge of my inspector, Dry Otter Waterproofing was the company to handle this repair and I was not disappointed. Charlotte NC 28211”