Crawl Space Repair Case Study
Location: Charlotte, NC 28211
What Are The Benefits of Dry Otter’s Crawl Space Repair Services?
- Improve the structural soundness of your home
- Prevent sagging floors
- Help keep pests away
- Achieve a cleaner, drier crawl space
- Receive the best foundation repairs
Along with the above benefits, our crawl space repair services are affordable and competitively priced.
If you’re worried about a wet or moldy crawl space, let our home inspectors take a look at your home. We offer a FREE inspection, and with more than 40 years of experience, we know how to identify present and future concerns.
Schedule a crawl space inspection when you call us at 704-966-1771 today.
City, State, & Zip: Charlotte, NC 28211
Work Category: Crawl Space Repair or Crawl Space Encapsulation
Our Client’s Crawl Space Problems:
The homeowner was having her HVAC system replaced by heating and air conditioning company. During their install process, the HVAC installers noticed excessive moisture in the crawl space. They informed the homeowner they could not install new equipment until the crawl space water and humidity problem was fixed. They referred her to Dry Otter Waterproofing.
We immediately scheduled a site inspection since she was without air conditioning in a North Carolina summer, where temperatures are typically 90 degrees with greater than 80% humidity.
The Crawl Space Inspection
- First, we found evidence of water penetration through the foundation as well as biological growth or wood destroying fungus on the wood structure. We also found condensation on the new furnace the HVAC company had started installing. The client had a leaky crawl space, high humidity, and mold.
- Next, we sat down with the homeowner, reviewed the pictures, and discussed the solutions. She decided to implement a complete crawl space encapsulation system. Our system effectively protects her crawl space from moisture problems now and in the future.
- Lastly, our home services experts finalized a crawl space repair plan, and a contract for services was signed.
How We Resolved The Client’s Crawl Space Issues:
- Crawl space debris removal – The project started with cleaning the crawl space of debris, which consisted of brick, wood, and organic material.
- Crawl space mold remediation – Next, we installed negative air pressure and performed a microbial cleaning of the crawl space to remove the mold substrate from the wood.
- Crawl space drainage – Then, we installed drainage to eliminate standing water in the crawl space.
- Crawl space encapsulation – The crawl space encapsulation process followed with the installation of a liner on the walls and columns. This liner controlled wall moisture. Next, a drainage matting was placed to help control miscellaneous groundwater seepage while providing extra protection for the crawl space vapor barrier. The crawl space vapor barrier was then installed, which is a high-quality, durable liner where all the seams are overlapped and taped.
- Crawl space dehumidification – The last step in the encapsulation process is controlling the air moisture. This process involves installing a commercial-grade dehumidifier and sealing the crawl space vents.
The homeowner now has a complete crawl space repair. Our work keeps the house dry, provide energy savings, and prevent crawl space mold and wood rot from moisture.
If you’re looking for a dry crawl space, then contact our team at 704-966-1771 today to schedule a FREE crawl space inspection.
I am so thankful that Dry Otter was recommended to me. They were very dependable – came immediately, told me the issues, cost, and what they would do. And they did so in a very professional, timely manner – even working through a weekend…
Charlotte NC 28211