CRAWL SPACE WATERPROOFING CASE STUDY
Location: Fort Mill, SC 29708
How do you waterproof a crawl space?
- Keep water out with exterior drainage systems such as french drains
- Remove water from inside by using sump pumps and discharge lines
- Reduce humidity with interior dehumidifiers
Comprehensive and effective waterproofing requires a skilled expert who understands homes. The crawl space waterproofing experts at Dry Otter Waterproofing deliver the best solutions to ensure your crawl space is nice and dry.
Schedule a FREE crawl space inspection when you call us at 704-966-1771 today.
WHY OUR CLIENT NEEDED CRAWL SPACE WATERPROOFING:
Homeowners met with a company representative at Home and Landscape Show in Charlotte, NC. Through conversation, the homeowners informed us they had moisture in the crawl space. Having moved to the Charlotte Area from a northern climate, they were familiar with basements and sump pumps. However, they wanted a better understanding of their crawl space problems.
Tom informed us he had been in the crawl space several times and did not like what he saw. He mentioned standing water and high moisture. We scheduled a convenient time for a complete inspection and FREE consultation.
CRAWL SPACE INSPECTION:
- When our waterproofing expert arrived at the home, he did a water and moisture inspection. The crawl space inspection revealed water under the house even though a sump basin and a sump pump were installed. Unfortunately, the sump pump was not effective at removing the standing water.
- Additionally, below-grade water penetration was observed around the entire interior perimeter of the foundation. The inspection also revealed exposed ground requiring a new crawl space vapor barrier, at minimum.
- Lastly, there were signs of mold in crawl space on the wood structure and wood debris. Furthermore, some insulation was falling and separating because of humidity. Our representative sat down with the homeowners, reviewed the pictures of the crawl space, and discussed the problems and solutions available. We suggested basic moisture control and advanced moisture control involving an encapsulated crawl space with humidity control.
HOW WE DRIED OUR CLIENT’S CRAWL SPACE:
We began by covering solutions, warranty, budget, and timing; the homeowners contracted with Dry Otter Waterproofing for an answer. They decided to implement crawl space waterproofing solutions, including:
- An interior French Drain
- Sump System
- 10mil Vapor Barrier
Furthermore, the homeowners wanted to eliminate standing water and prevent water from eroding foundation piers. Therefore, our crawl space install crew began by removing miscellaneous wood debris, organic debris, and the old vapor barrier from the crawl space.
Next, the drain system was hand-dug around the interior perimeter to collect and drain water to the sump pump location. The old sump system was dug up and removed. Then we installed a new Sump Basin and Zoeller Sump Pump. Finally, a 10mil vapor barrier was installed over all the exposed ground in the crawl space to help control the ground moisture.
In the end, we gave our clients the best in crawl space foundatiopn repair at competitive prices.
If you’re looking for a dry crawl space, then contact our team at 704-966-1771 today to schedule a FREE crawl space inspection.
“Dry Otter Waterproofing did a great job waterproofing our crawl space… We couldn’t be happier with the outcome and would recommend them for any moisture issues you may have. Thank you for all you did!”